The Big Sky Food Network
About half of our food is purchased through the Montana Food Bank Network.
The other half is donated by individuals and businesses right here in Big Sky!
We would love to take the unopened food that you may have left over from your vacation, or the extras you purchased and just can’t get through. In addition to donating groceries, you can also give to our Voucher Program (Country Market) and to our account (Hungry Moose) by speaking with one of the managers or calling the food bank.
- Canned Goods: chunky soups, spaghetti sauces, canned beans and veggies, tuna and canned meats
- Dry Goods: We can take anything that hasn’t been opened!
- Frozen**: We can take frozen fruits and veggies, meats and game (processed at a certified processor)
- Produce**: We always need produce, eggs, milk, butter, cheese, deli meat must be within its sell-by date unless it is milk – milk can be up to 7 days past MT sell-by date. For more info about milk expiration, check out the two podcasts below.
**If you’d like to donate cold or frozen items, you may bring them straight to the food bank or to the Country Market to be held in cold storage.**
How to Help
Big Sky Soups Project: restaurant chefs and caterers – repurpose leftover produce into frozen soups
Hunters against Hunger: donate your extra game meat
The Producer Partnership: donate cull cows
Fork and Spoon: Montana’s only pay-what-you-can restaurant
Spork: our pay-what-you-can Food Truck (now at Big Sky Farmer’s Market each Wednesday!)
RenGen Market: support regenerative agriculture in MT
Advocacy & Public Policy: learn more about MT
Explore all of our food donation drop off points with this interactive map.
Click on a pin to see more information about the location.
Drop Off Locations
- The Country Market
- The Post Office
- Big Sky Chapel
- Big Sky Community Library
- Acre Kitchen
- Big Sky Community Food Bank
- Moonlight Lodge
- YC Mailroon
- Big Sky Vacation Rentals/Natural Retreats
Little Free Pantry Locations
- First Security Bank (Town Center)
- Milkies Pizza & Pub (Back Entrance)
Look for our cash donation boxes located at several businesses around Big Sky!
Curious about shelf-life verbiage on food packaging?
These podcasts will blow your mind.